Veganuary Tomato Soup•
Posted on January 17 2019
Who doesn't love a winter soup especially when you can cook it up in less than 25 minutes using mainly store cupboard ingredients? A soup can make you feel so warm, cosy and nourished, especially when you come home from a cold winter's walk there is nothing like a bowl of hot soup to warm the soul. If you are participating in Veganuary are a vegan or simply enjoy a quick easy nourishing soup, then this recipe f perfect for you.
I love making soups as they are so easy to cook, and you can cook them in batches pop them in the freezer, perfect for a quick nourishing snack or light lunch, or you can pack it full with ingredients if you prefer to use it as a main meal.
This recipe is perfect for a quick light lunch and works for those following a vegan based diet too.
Ingredients - Makes two portions.
- Tin Tomato - (I used peeled Plum)
- 300ml - Vegetable Stock
- 4 Sundried Tomatoes
- 1 Red Onion roughly chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves roughly chopped
- 1 Fresh Tomato roughly chopped
- 1/4 of Fresh Red Chilli ( Optional )
- Splash Of Red Wine vinegar
- Olive oil ( I used rapeseed, you can use what you have )
- Basil Leaves ( optional )
You don't need to be neat with the chopping of your vegetables as the soup is all blended at the end.
1) Add the onions to a pan with a splash of olive oil and fry gentle for around 10 minutes or until soft and a little brown - be careful not to burn them as they will taste bitter.
2) Then add the garlic and fry for another 2 minutes
3) Put in the tin tomatoes, stock, red wine vinegar and simmer for 8 minutes.
4) Add a pinch of salt and 1/4 of a teaspoon of sugar.
5) Add the fresh tomato and chilli ( if using ) and cook for a further 2 minutes.
6) Add the basil leaves ( If using ) and Sun dried tomatoes
7) Leave to cool slightly and blitz with a hand blender. I like my soup smooth and not to thick, so I blitz accordingly but if you prefer your soup thick just blitz until you have the texture required. If it's too thick pop in a little hot water.
Tips & Variations.
If you wanted to make the soup more decadent and you were not following a vegan diet then you could add a touch of Milk to make it a little creamy or grate a little parmesan cheese on top.
Double the quantity and freeze in portions.
5 Stress Free Platt...
Get Hygge together this spring bank holiday and socialise with friends and family in a simple and relaxed atmosphere. Whether the sun shines and we...Read More
The Joys Of Dry Jan...
January wouldn't be January if we didn't mention, dry Jan, Detox, Sugar-free or something else along those lines that if we adopt we can all start ...Read More
Green Juice Janaury
Whatever the month, week, or day I love a juice especially a homemade green juice. A green juice is always poignant in January as everyone starts t...Read More